Northern Area Health Education Center received a grant through the United States Department of Health and Human Services for the period September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020 to provide opioid prevention education in our service area. NAHEC utilized these funds to coordinate and collaborate with local community-based partners to host six community engagement events and fifteen tabling sessions to increase local knowledge and awareness of opioid abuse, prevention and treatments.
Important community partners include St. Lawrence County Public Health, Seaway Valley Prevention Council, St. Lawrence University, SUNY Potsdam, Franklin County Public Health, North Country Community College, Clinton Community College and Partners 4 Substance Use Prevention.
- Medically-Assisted Treatment Training – November 7, 2019 – Fairfield Inn, Canton
- SLU Chasing The Dragon Documentary & Panel Discussion – March 10, 2020 – Gulick Theatre, St. Lawrence University, Canton
- Law Enforcement Harm Reduction Training – March 23 & June 12, 2020 – SUNY Canton
- SUNY Potsdam Chasing The Dragon Documentary & Panel Discussion – March 31, 2020 – 106 Kellas Hall, SUNY Potsdam
- Tall Cop Says Stop: High in Plain Sight – April 8, 2020 – West Side Ballroom, Plattsburgh
- Fair of Services – May 22, 2020 – Golden Dome, Ogdensburg