Upcoming Camp Meds >
- ADK Camp Med: July 9 – 11, Saranac Lake Central School
- Rensselaer Falls EMS Camp Med: July 15 – 18, Rensselaer Falls Rescue Squad, Rensselaer Falls
- Malone EMS Camp Med: July 23 – 24, North Franklin Education Center, Malone
- CBO Camp Med: August 1 – 2, United Helpers/Community Health Center/Canton Rescue; Ogdensburg & Canton
- SRMT Camp Med: August 22, St. Regis Mohawk Tribe Health Services, Akwesasne, NY
What is Camp Med?
Camp Med is a community-based healthcare career exploration event for middle and high school students. Local healthcare professionals from area agencies provide students with an insider’s view of what it takes to prepare for and work in specific career fields. Additionally, they may have the opportunity to practice a variety of hands-on skills, such as taking vital signs, surgical scrubbing and gowning, suturing, microscope techniques, EMS skills, and many more. Students learn how providing healthcare in clinics and private offices differs from a hospital environment.
Camps are usually multi-day events scheduled over summer break in half or full-day sessions. Students are expected to attend each day of a scheduled camp. Camps are open to various grades, 8 – 12. See a listing of upcoming camps above and apply at the link. If you have any questions about Camp Med, please contact our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.