MASH Camp, or the Medical Academy of Science and Health, is a fun and educational day camp that gives students an opportunity to explore a wide variety of healthcare careers. Students are exposed to multiple health professions, from entry level to those requiring advanced college degrees.
Campers enjoy a full day of fun and interaction at a local hospital, where they will:
- Tour many departments learning about the tasks and skills involved with each career area;
- Participate in interactive, hands-on workshops* that highlight the equipment, technology, and resources used by health professionals; and
- Learn about the educational requirements, skills, typical job duties, and personal qualities of successful health professionals and para-professionals.
As part of the camp experience, each participant will receive scrubs and lanyard with name badge to wear at camp; snacks and lunch; certificate of participation; and lots of attention from caring health professionals!
MASH Camps are held over school holidays and summer vacation. Camps are generally open to students in grades 8 – 12, with some host facilities opting for a different age range of students. The range for each camp is listed below.
*Workshop topics vary by healthcare facility and may include physical therapy, nursing, surgery, food service, clinical laboratory sciences, cardiac care, pathology, diagnostic imaging, recreational therapy, pharmacy, emergency medicine, and others.
Upcoming MASH Camps – Registration fee is $25 unless otherwise indicated
- Monday, January 20, 2020 ~ Claxton Hepburn Medical Center (Grades 8 – 12) ~ Application Deadline 12.30.19 (payment deadline 1.13.19)
- April 2020 ~ Canton-Potsdam Hospital ~ DATES COMING SOON!
Stay tuned for more MASH Camps this year!
Want to be the first to know about MASH Camp dates and application deadlines? Contact our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.